I shared with you last week that you shouldn’t think that these truths hold all the answers. They are just truths that will help if you follow them, but you still need to push yourself to create your own plan.
If you missed the first two parts, I suggest you go back and read them. I’ve posted the links below:
Here is part 3 which includes truths 21-30. These 10 are focused on the art of the sales call.
21. Know what your goal is before contacting anyone.
22. When you have something to offer, a prospecting call will never be an interruption in someone’s day. Any interruption has the capability of becoming an intervention when you can offer help. You owe it to them and to yourself to make the call.
23. Believe it or not, the telephone still works as a prospecting tool. Pick up the phone and call.
24. When kept short and concise, voicemails can be an effective prospecting tool.
25. Allow your personality to come through on every phone call and in every voicemail.
26. Those who believe “cold calling” is dead are the same people who don’t like talking on the telephone and want to hide behind social media to sell.
27. Maintain both prospect specific notes and industry/segment notes to help you with your long-term goals.
28. Never forget your objective with each prospecting call is to move the process forward. Start by building on a previous piece of information that was shared with you. Each call, seek to gain one new insight. Always end the call by securing a set time to talk again in the near future.
29. Do not fall for the myth that calling doesn’t work, send more emails. Those who believe this myth are the ones who are already afraid of the phone and should not be in sales in the first place.
30. Never allow a call or email response to derail you emotionally. Don’t underestimate the power you have to help others.
Are you feeling uncomfortable? Even if you’re a top performing prospecting machine, you are probably at least a little uncomfortable. I would imagine a couple of the 10 are causing your leg to twitch or your mouth to go dry right now. Your goal isn’t to just read these but to actually apply them so you can challenge yourself every single day.
Coming next week are truths 31-40. I’ll be discussing prospecting using social media and email, so get ready to be even more challenged and convicted. The following week I’ll close out the series of “50 Prospecting Truths” with truths 41-50 related to how to be successful in prospecting.
Don’t forget: A coach can help you excel in your sales career. Invest in yourself by checking out my coaching program today!
Copyright 2019, Mark Hunter “The Sales Hunter.” Sales Motivation Blog. Mark Hunter is the author of High-Profit Prospecting: Powerful Strategies to Find the Best Leads and Drive Breakthrough Sales Results