I write a lot about prospecting.
It’s the single biggest issue on which I am questioned, even more than negotiating and avoiding discounting a price to close a deal.
Below is my list of the Top 10 reasons why prospecting fails to work for most people.
Over the next several weeks I will be sharing with you specific steps you can take regarding each one. Additionally, I’m doing a free, live video-streaming program on prospecting with 5 world experts on this issue. Click here to sign up.
Even if you can’t make it live, sign up anyway and we’ll get you the link to the session to allow you to listen to it anytime.
Did I fail to mention that we’re not hawking anything on the event?
It’s just myself and 5 other experts giving you 59 minutes of quality content on prospecting.
Top 10 Reasons why most salespeople are not successful at prospecting:
1. Using the same prospecting process for all your prospects.
2. Having too many prospects in your pipeline. Ultimately, it’s the quality of your prospects that is going to deliver you your quota.
3. Not having the time to follow up and follow through.
4. Not segmenting your prospects based on who they are and their needs.
5. Relying on email as your primary tool to prospect. Email is efficient, but it’s also seductive in having you think you’re reaching your prospect.
6. Thinking social media is your answer.
7. Not allocating the proper commitment of your time. Thinking about prospecting is not prospecting! Prospecting happens when you engage!
8. Failing to realize your prospects don’t care about you. Quit sending messages that wax eloquently about who you are and how great your company is.
9. Not making your messages about what the prospects need.
10. Failing to realize the telephone is still a great prospecting tool.
And the biggest one of all? It’s so big I don’t even list in my “Top 10!” It’s thinking that prospecting is a waste of time.
Be sure to do yourself a favor, sign up for the free, 59-minute live video-streaming webinar that’s happening June 9. Here’s the link: 6 Secrets for Sales Prospecting Success!
The other experts joining me for this fast paced session include:
Copyright 2015, Mark Hunter “The Sales Hunter.” Sales Motivation Blog. Mark Hunter is the author of High-Profit Selling: Win the Sale Without Compromising on Price.