While doing research for my next book coming out this fall (High-Profit Prospecting by AMACOM Press), I dug deep into why some salespeople are far more successful than others.
Below are the 5 traits I found time and time again in those who were consistently delivering results far above the norm when it comes to prospecting.
1. Discipline with how they use their time by building into their calendar specific times each day or week to prospect.
It goes without saying that talking about making time to prospect and actually doing it are two different things.
2. Unwavering belief in their ability to help others.
They truly believe in what they have to offer and how they can make a difference in the people who buy from them. This was regardless of what they sold or the channel they were in.
3. A defined strategy of following up, knowing the best prospects will take time to reach and convert.
One and done is simply not part of their thought process. Each person had a process they had built over time by way of trial and error, and by consistently using it, they were able to deliver consistent results.
4. Personal confidence and a positive attitude knowing there will be plenty of obstacles, but through it all, there will still be positive results.
5. Organized in a way that fits their personal style and allows them to effectively use their time.
They simply do not lose track of leads and prospects and where they are in the sales process.
Here is where I found the biggest differences: Several of the highest performing salespeople in a company were organized in a way that would drive me crazy, but for them, it worked and worked well.
Stay tuned and in the coming weeks I’ll be sharing much more about the release of my new book, “High-Profit Prospecting: Powerful Strategies to Find the Best Leads and Drive Breakthrough Sales Results.”
Copyright 2016, Mark Hunter “The Sales Hunter.” Sales Motivation Blog. Mark Hunter is the author of High-Profit Selling: Win the Sale Without Compromising on Price.