A sales leader is one who helps others see and achieve outcomes they didn’t think were possible.
In order for a sales leader to do that, they have to be at the top of their game each day.
Below are 10 daily habits sales leaders must have to be successful:
1. Learn something new each day, whether it be from a customer, a peer or from life in general.
2. Know their time is their most valuable asset, so they value it by not wasting it.
3. Build up other people with whom they come in contact, regardless of who they are or where they’re at. They know the best way to become more successful is to help others become more successful.
4. Remain focused and disciplined on their objectives, all in an effort to achieve outcomes, not just complete tasks.
5. Take care of themselves, their body and their mind, never forgetting the value of good health.
6. View everyone they meet as an opportunity to help open the door to a new sales opportunity. Sales leaders view developing new business not as an after thought, but as the main thought.
7. Maintain the same demeanor, even when nobody is watching. What they do is not something they turn on and turn off; it’s the consistency in how they act that allows them to be so successful.
8. Do everything with integrity, never forgetting how much character counts. This is the biggest thing that separates a real leader from everyone else.
9. Help their customers be more successful. In the end, if their customers aren’t more successful, there is no way they will be more successful.
10. View every challenge or problem as an opportunity, which drives their motivation and passion for success.
Copyright 2016, Mark Hunter “The Sales Hunter.” Sales Motivation Blog. Mark Hunter is the author of High-Profit Selling: Win the Sale Without Compromising on Price.