What makes a truly great sales manager?
Based on 15 years of consulting with sales teams, I have concluded the following list of 15 factors are what the “best of the best” do to be a successful sales manager:
1. Realize their job is not to be a sales manager, but to be a sales leader.
2. Hold constructive sales meetings salespeople find value in, rather than meetings that are nothing more than information updates.
3. Spend time with their top performers.
Read these 8 Characteristics of a Top Performer.
4. Leverage their position as a sales manager to generate opportunities and discussions with customers while working with their salespeople.
5. Don’t let their own paperwork stand in the way of spending quality time with their people.
6. Coach their people each day and hold them accountable on the skills they’re developing.
7. Provide an environment that allows their salespeople to be motivated every day.
8. Never talk negatively about any of their people or anyone else while in the company of anyone.
9. Help each of their salespeople achieve their professional and personal goals.
Check out 5 Things Salespeople Should Never Forget.
10. Be open and accountable to others.
11. Realize their objective is not only to make the numbers, but also to develop their people.
12. Impact everyone with whom they come in contact in a positive manner, regardless of who they are or the position they hold.
13. Know their role is to lead their people and allow their people to lead their customers.
14. Demonstrate 100% respect to everyone.
15. Hold as a personal goal developing a team that everyone wants to be a part of, and be the manager who assures a majority (if not all) of the people on the team are recognized and promoted for their performance.
As you can see, these attributes are not out of reach of most sales managers – if they are willing to put effort into becoming a leader!
Do you want a free infographic I put together on sales leadership? Check out 10 Physical Signs You Are A Sales Leader.
Wanna up your game?
Check out my Sales Expert Starter Kit. It’s 3 Masterclasses in one, inclusing all their training videos, workbooks, and even access to my exclusive webinars.
Pricing, Following Up, and my Roadmap to Excellence for Top 1% Salespeople…all amazing courses. And you save by bundling them together!
Learn more about this, and other opportunities at The Sales Hunter University here.
Sell with confidence and integrity after listening to The Sales Hunter Podcast…
Find the Sales Hunter Podcast wherever you stream podcasts!
Copyright 2014, Mark Hunter “The Sales Hunter.” Sales Motivation Blog. Mark Hunter is the author of High-Profit Selling: Win the Sale Without Compromising on Price.
Its really very useful for sales manager, sales leader .