It’s that time of the year when people are starting to think about next year’s goals. Setting goals is not just an activity. Setting goals is really a mental mindset. Anyone can write goals, but only those with the right mindset will be able to set goals that they have the potential to achieve.
In addition to having the right mindset, you must have a process that will help you achieve more than just one goal but a lifetime of goals. Here are some thoughts to think about as you begin setting your goals:
*Note: this content is just a sample of what I’ll be covering in the Goal Setting Master Class on December 12. See below for more information and to register!
- It is easy to set goals higher than what we are able to accomplish in a day, week or even a quarter. Conversely, we tend to set goals lower than what we can achieve over the course of 3 – 5 years.
- If you fail to take control of your life, then you will go through life doing nothing more than reacting to what is thrown at you. If you take control of your life, you will be able to accomplish and become a whole lot more than you realize.
- Everyone accomplishes goals. If you’re not accomplishing your goals, you’re accomplishing someone else’s goals.
- You’ll never achieve anything until you take the first step. What project have you not started because it feels too big? Take that first step.
- Remember that 20% of what you do results in 80% of your success.
- The issue is not that you’re too busy. Are you using your time effectively by being busy doing the right things?
- You don’t have a time management problem. You have a priority management problem.
- The greatest success you’ll ever accomplish will not be the success itself. It will be the journey to that success.
Now, join me for the very special master class on this key issue of goal setting and and learn how to maximize your performance. You really need to join me for one reason: your future is counting on it to be successful! Here is the link!
Copyright 2018, Mark Hunter “The Sales Hunter.” Sales Motivation Blog. Mark Hunter is the author of High-Profit Prospecting: Powerful Strategies to Find the Best Leads and Drive Breakthrough Sales Results