You really can’t have too much sales motivation. I’m a firm believer that as salespeople, we need to constantly be on the lookout for ways to keep our sales motivation at high level.
What’s great is that the more you incorporate these habits into your life, the payout just keeps compounding.
So, here are 8 specific ways to increase your sales motivation:
1. Eliminate the negative people in your life – Don’t associate with anyone who is a negative voice in your life. It’s amazing how people who are negative can drag other people into their world. These people might be friends, business associates, and even family members. Whoever they are, you need to eliminate or at least minimize the amount of time you spend with them.
2. Celebrate your success each day – Everyday there is something you can celebrate. End each day celebrating the most significant event of the day. Nothing will destroy your motivation faster than allowing yourself to dwell on the negative. It’s very simple — Positive people create positive opportunities. Using your success of the day to help prepare you for the next day will help build your positive outlook.
3. Leverage your best customers – Your best customers are your best customers because they value the service you provide them. Use their confidence in you and your business as motivation to drive forward. If you’re struggling, pick up the phone and call your favorite customer. Merely talking to them will help pick you up.
4. Play to your strength – It’s far better to leverage your strength than it is to dwell on your weakness. Whatever your strength is, feel good about it and find ways to leverage it even more. Even the most positive people have weaknesses in their lives, but they don’t allow the weakness to slow them down. On the other hand, negative people can only do one thing — they dwell on what they can’t do well and that just keeps them negative.
5. Focus your time – Successful people are focused. Don’t allow yourself to get side-tracked by activities other than your highest priorities. These are the ones that are going to yield the highest results. We all have 24 hours in a day. What separates those who achieve from those who don’t is how they choose to use their time.
6. Align with other motivated people – You become who you associate with. Just as you can’t allow yourself to associate with negative people, it is just as important to associate with highly motivated people. Highly motivated people will help motivate you.
7. Think long-term – Thinking long-term allows you to see past the short-term issues with which you might be dealing. Thinking long-term allows you to see things strategically. Everyone deals with issues — highly motivated people see beyond short-term issues and stay focused on the long-term goal and opportunity.
8. Be goal-oriented – Motivated people know what it is they want and are focused on achieving their goals. Being goal oriented means being in control and this means using time effectively.
Over the next several weeks I’ll be writing in more depth regarding each one of these 8 items. In the meantime, be sure to visit 8 Ways to Increase Your Price.
Copyright 2011, Mark Hunter “The Sales Hunter.” Sales Motivation Blog.