Prospects aren’t worth anything until they become a customer.
There’s nothing worse than having prospects who never become a customer. In my new book, High-Profit Prospecting, I discuss this issue and share 6 things you need to remember if you want to turn a prospect into a customer:
1. Never provide the prospect with enough information to make a decision without you.
2. Never allow a specific price to enter your discussion during the prospecting phase.
3. Never forget the most valuable asset you have is your time.
4. Never become mesmerized by the lead who claims they want to do business with you right now.
5. Never make contact with a prospect just for the sake of making contact. You must have a plan.
6. Never forgo the quick sale for the sake of landing the big sale.
If you adhere to these six principles, not just some of the time but all of the time, I guarantee you will be more successful. You won’t get sidetracked as often, making you far more effective with your time.
Which one of the 6 can you relate to? Unfortunately, we’re all guilty at one time or another of one of the six.
Check out my new book High-Profit Prospecting, where I elaborate in detail on each of these six points, as well as hundreds of strategies you can put into place immediately.
Copyright 2016, Mark Hunter “The Sales Hunter.” Sales Motivation Blog. Mark Hunter is the author of High-Profit Selling: Win the Sale Without Compromising on Price and High-Profit Prospecting: Powerful Strategies to Find the Best Leads and Drive Breakthrough Sales Results.