I’ve been in sales now for more than 30 years, and during that time I’ve come to not just appreciate the profession, but also to become absolutely passionate about it. I see it as the ultimate profession, as it provides unlimited opportunities to help others.
Below are the 10 things I believe all salespeople should be thankful for, and yes, these are the same 10 things for which I am incredibly thankful:
1. The ability to help others see and achieve what they didn’t think was possible.
2. Knowing each day is going to be different and full of new opportunities and challenges.
3. Great customers who I have been able to serve and continue to serve.
4. The ability to delight a customer when they didn’t think something was possible.
5. Continually learning not only about myself, but also about the customers I come in contact with each day.
6. The thrill of moving a prospect through the sales funnel and being able to serve them as a customer.
7. Knowing there are no problems I can’t overcome.
8. Knowing the greatest asset I have is my time and my mind.
9. Being able to meet so many new people on a regular basis.
10. Knowing I’m doing a job I can be incredibly passionate about.
Does this list line up with what you would say are things you’re thankful for? I started off the list with what I see as the number one thing we in sales get to do and that’s without a doubt what motivates me each day to push to a new level!
Sales is not about what we sell. It’s about who we get to help. It’s the outcomes we provide to our customers. I’m thankful and I do hope you’re thankful too for the privilege to be a member of the sales community.
Copyright 2016, Mark Hunter “The Sales Hunter.” Sales Motivation Blog. Mark Hunter is the author of High-Profit Selling: Win the Sale Without Compromising on Price and High-Profit Prospecting: Powerful Strategies to Find the Best Leads and Drive Breakthrough Sales Results.