I’ve been in sales now for more than 30 years, and during that time I’ve come to not just appreciate the profession, but also to become absolutely passionate about it. I see it as the ultimate profession, as it provides unlimited opportunities to help others.
Below are the 10 things I believe all salespeople should be thankful for, and yes, these are the same 10 things for which I am incredibly thankful:
1. The ability to help others see and achieve what they didn’t think was possible.
2. Knowing each day is going to be different and full of new opportunities and challenges.
3. Great customers who I have been able to serve and continue to serve.
4. The ability to delight a customer when they didn’t think something was possible.
5. Continually learning not only about myself, but also about the customers I come in contact with each day.
6. The thrill of moving a prospect through the sales funnel and being able to serve them as a customer.
7. Knowing there are no problems I can’t overcome.
8. Knowing the greatest asset I have is my time and my mind.
9. Being able to meet so many new people on a regular basis.
10. Knowing I’m doing a job I can be incredibly passionate about.
Does this list line up with what you would say are things you’re thankful for? I started off the list with what I see as the number one thing we in sales get to do and that’s without a doubt what motivates me each day to push to a new level!
Sales is not about what we sell. It’s about who we get to help. It’s the outcomes we provide to our customers. I’m thankful and I do hope you’re thankful too for the privilege to be a member of the sales community.
Copyright 2016, Mark Hunter “The Sales Hunter.” Sales Motivation Blog. Mark Hunter is the author of High-Profit Selling: Win the Sale Without Compromising on Price and High-Profit Prospecting: Powerful Strategies to Find the Best Leads and Drive Breakthrough Sales Results.
Spot on Mark! It’s a daily treat work in Sales. Thanks and keep on spreading the good News!
This is encouraging. These are the things I have not thought of seriously. It it great appreciate for the hurdles you have jumped and always tell ourselves YES I CAN. It is good sharing with you. Insurance agent with Britam Insurance Kenya.
Brilliant 10 infact 10 out of 10 although Mark your emails and advise would make it 11 out of 10. I hope your Thanksgiving goes well beyond your expectations. – Barry.
Great words of your passion. My concern is some people are in sales just because its a job and not a passion. That seperates the mid level sales people to the Rock Stars. We need to find more Rock Stars and invest the training in them. Have a great Thanksgiving!
I am self-motivated salesperson and finance oriented manager.
Sales is not only my job its my passion to achieve goal and tackle sale graph.
Shares views with staff. collect information to market key persons and floor salesman of ours and others competitors brands. Work hard on skill development.