Negotiating the Do’s to Win
By: chris|Published on: Jul 26, 2010|Categories: Uncategorized|
- Negotiation is the process of discussing ways to find a bigger solution for both sides.
- Aim high.
- Understand who has the power and how you’ll counter it.
- Negotiate with people who are able to negotiate with you.
- Ask lots of questions.
- Be patient – time can be power.
- Empathize, but do not sympathize.
- Keep communicating to advance relationships and the negotiation objectives.
- Avoid confrontation. Never allow the negotiations to become personal.
- Know who you’re negotiating with.
- Give some on time.
- Know when to leave comments alone (the use of silence).
- Take notes.
- Expect the unexpected and rehearse.
- Maximize the value of your concessions.
- End negotiations positively. Think how to make the outcome a bigger win for both sides.