What sales resolutions are you making for this new year? The beginning of each year brings new opportunities for you to shift your mindset and take your game to the next level. How you approach each day will determine the results you get from each day. If you’re intentional about looking for the positive in the situations you encounter, it’s amazing how many great things you’ll find!
Here are 15 “sales resolutions” for you to think about and put into practice this new year:
1. I will never put off a call that needs to be made.
2. I will pick up the phone and call rather than just sending an email.
3. I will always start the day by having a list of prospects to call that same day.
4. I will never start off a sales call talking about myself or how great our products are.
5. I will make sure all notes are recorded in my CRM system; I will not trust my mind to remember everything.
6. Regardless of how bad a sales call might go, I will not allow it to negatively affect me.
7. After I make a sale or simply have a great sales call, I will immediately move forward and work on making the next sale.
8. I will never talk negative about a customer regardless of what they may or may not have done.
9. I will not talk bad about my competitors or what they sell.
10. I will begin each day with the mindset that there are always opportunities to help others.
11. I will end each day with thankfulness for the day and each conversation I was able to have.
12. I will never allow myself to speak with “commission breath.” Rather, I will be 100% customer centered.
13. I will stay in contact with every customer, even those I’m no longer doing business with.
14. Each day, I will look to improve my skills and become a better salesperson.
15. I will do my part to improve the sales community, give back to others and help them improve their selling skills.
What will 2019 hold for you? None of us know for sure, so all we can do is try to make the most of each day. This is the approach I take every day, week, month and year.
Remember that nothing happens in business until something is sold and nothing is sold until somebody prospects. May this be the year you do more prospecting than ever, and may you have your best year yet!
Don’t forget: A coach can help you excel in your sales career. Invest in yourself by checking out my coaching program today!
Copyright 2018, Mark Hunter “The Sales Hunter.” Sales Motivation Blog. Mark Hunter is the author of High-Profit Prospecting: Powerful Strategies to Find the Best Leads and Drive Breakthrough Sales Results
These are great goals!
We speak about #5 all the time (becuase we automate this).
Cheers and good luck with your goals!!