Does your company have a “No Negotiation” policy when it comes to sales?
If not, I highly encourage you to get one in place. Once the policy is implemented, there are six rules to follow.
If you don’t adhere to them in the first few weeks after the policy is established, then there is little chance the policy will work.
These rules are:
1. Management supports the policy 100 percent.
2. Everyone must understand the damage discounting does to profit.
3. Sales team must understand and believe in the product offering.
4. Management and Sales team must be prepared to lose some sales early on.
5. Management and Sales team must support each other to make the policy work.
6. Management and Sales team must recognize and celebrate the first several times the new policy works.
I further expand on each of these points in my book High-Profit Selling: Win the Sale Without Compromising on Price.
Whether you are a CEO, sales executive or member of the Sales team, you will quickly discover the book contains many specific insights on how to protect your profit.
Copyright 2014, Mark Hunter “The Sales Hunter.” Sales Motivation Blog.