This week in the United States we celebrate Thanksgiving. A time to pause, reflect and to be thankful for all that we have.
For many it’s a day to gather with extended family and friends, eat too much food, watch too much football and who knows what else.
Let me share 10 reasons why we should all be thankful for the job we have.
1. Can you imagine how you would feel if you didn’t have a job?
2. Regardless of whether or not you like your job, you are getting paid.
3. You have far more impact on the people you come in contact with than you will ever know.
4. The people you work with are an amazing group of people from whom you can learn new things each day.
5. Count it a privilege to be able to use your talent and skills on a regular basis.
6. Be thankful, as there are far too many people who have no job and no means to make an income.
7. You are serving as a role-model not only to those you provide for, but also to others who you don’t know and may never know.
8. The mental stimulation and physical exercise you get each day regardless of what your job might be is helping keep you engaged and feeling young.
9. You have the ability to dream and have the means to help fulfill your dreams.
10. You have the ability to prepare for the future and be ready for it.
For those of you reading this who do not have a job, may this be the last Thanksgiving you don’t have a job. May the right opportunity open for you in the coming weeks or months.
Regardless of your employment situation we can all still be thankful for what we do have.
Copyright 2014, Mark Hunter “The Sales Hunter.” Sales Motivation Blog. Mark Hunter is the author of High-Profit Selling: Win the Sale Without Compromising on Price.